Vice President, Field Operations|
Tuesday September 15, 2020
Great leadership opportunity in Houston or Austin!
The purpose of the position of Vice President, Field Operations is to provide visible and effective leadership to the McCoy-Rockford's furniture, architectural solutions, and flooring business units field operations teams.
This position can be based out of Houston or Austin.
The McCoy-Rockford Operations team consists of four individual functional units including:
Performance Outcomes / Results expected of this position
- Safety and Risk Management Services: This group is responsible for developing all McCoy-Rockford Safety practices and procedures, education and awareness processes within the organization, and filed//customer Safety and Risk initiatives.
- Installation Services: This group is responsible for delivery and installation of furniture and related products. It consists of both in-sourced and out-sourced personnel.
- Project Management Services: This group is responsible overall project execution and oversight, including logistical planning, labor utilization estimation, project execution, and punch fulfillment.
- Warehouse and Maintenance Services: This group is responsible for receiving and distribution of pre-sold inventory, customer asset management, providing product maintenance, and managing rental product inventory and utilization.
The Key Performance Outcomes/Results an experienced individual (i.e. someone who has successfully served in this position for one year, or longer), will be held accountable for achieving include:
Within the first 90 days in the position, the specific performance outcomes/results an individual hired for this role/position will be held accountable for achieving include:
- Developing an effective network within McCoy-Rockford's key customer base enabling him/her to lead the effort to "protect our core" by understanding the voice of the customer and set operational expectations accordingly
- Developing an effective network within the operational units of McCoy-Rockford's key suppliers enabling him/her to engage effective supplier resources when needed to support our customers
- Developing a strong working relationship with his/her executive peers within the McCoy-Rockford leadership team yielding positive role model behaviors focused on growing our business
- Develop an effective process to manage controllable operational expenses creating a departmental P&L that helps McCoy-Rockford achieve benchmark profitability within the Steelcase dealer network
- Embracing McCoy-Rockford's core values and actively supporting the continuous improvement of the company's culture and operating principles
Within the first full year in the position, the specific Performance Outcomes/Results that an individual recently hired for this role/position will be held accountable for achieving include:
- Contacting and visiting our top customers in each market area and laying the foundation for a personal customer network
- Connecting with each member of the McCoy-Rockford leadership team, to begin building trusting and effective working relationships
- Contacting and visiting our top three suppliers and laying the foundation for a personal supplier network
- Assessment of the operations management staff to determine capability, motivation and job fit for each manager
- Study and understand the operations unit's income statements to determine current expense flow and performance opportunities
- Attend cross functional team meetings to build understanding of all aspects of McCoy-Rockford's business and how his/her actions can positively/negatively impact them
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and Key Behavioral Characteristics required to effectively perform in this position
- Developing a network of contacts within McCoy-Rockford's top twenty five customers and conducting planned and purposeful on-site business meetings with them on a regular basis
- Developing a network of contacts within McCoy-Rockford's top three suppliers, with an emphasis on developing a broad network within the Steelcase family of companies
- Developing a network of operational peers/contacts within the Steelcase dealer community enabling best practice sharing and enterprise operational improvements
- Developing a performance management plan to assess and address staff development, recruitment and training required for each function within the operations team
- Developing a set of action plans to address any performance gaps identified within the operations department's financial and expense performance
- Developing an interdepartmental and cross-functional communication plan to share post-sale operational metrics with pre-sale teams and administration, focusing on departmental successes, challenges and action items
- Ability to establish KPIs/Benchmarks required to assess, recognize and reward effective team member's job performance and address and correct ineffective team member's job performance, within each assigned functional area.
- Ability to motivate and direct employees/team members through effective oral and written communication.
- Is skilled and able in establishing personal and departmental organizational structure that establishes both an empowered and accountable management-supervisory team.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills in determining which activities, initiatives to pursue and taking the appropriate action.
- Ability to interface with and adapt to diverse audiences from executive level decision makers, to entry level laborers
- Ability to conduct presentations that showcase McCoy-Rockford operational expertise, in order to develop new opportunities and to support the sales organization in winning new customers
- Demonstrating the knowledge and appropriate business acumen in leading his/her operations team members toward achievement of the McCoy-Rockford growth objectives; and doing so, in a manner that motivates operations staff/team members, to believe that they also play a key and essential role in customer attraction and retention
- Demonstrates the personal commitment to employee health and safety and consistently displays/role models the appropriate behavior, in field activities, requiring a vigilant focus on safe business practices
Key Behavioral Characteristics:
- Knowledge of complex logistical / project planning activities
- Analytical skills required to perform complex problem solving activities
- Knowledge of manufacturer / dealer interfaces and hand-off procedures
- Skilled in analyzing, developing and initiating work flow process improvement
To view apply online, go to McCoy-Rockford.com > Careers > Opportunities
- Decisive/Action Oriented: Has the ability to assess a situation and take effective, decisive action
- Highly Organized/Detail Oriented: Has the ability to maintain an up-to-date and accurate knowledge of day-to-day operations and has detailed knowledge of both internally and externally focused operations.
- Customer/Team Relationship Oriented: Has the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with a diverse range of personalities. Is an effective team player and contributor.