Thursday June 6, 2019
Interior Design - Misc
Prepare to be inspired.
JOB SUMMARY: The Designer – Level 1 is responsible for leading the design on specific Federal Government projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervisor Responsibilities: No
- Leads client consultation to determine project goals, design intent, schedule, & budget.
- Evaluates client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements through programming and space planning, incorporating applicable building codes.
- Evaluates and selects furniture for the project; generates compelling presentation materials.
- Furniture Layouts and Quotes- (Communicates with customer directly for specific layout or design using AutoCAD and 2020 Worksheet. Consults with vendors in order to prepare product specifications. Sources unique F, F & E solutions for customer, including ancillary items; researches manufacturers when needed for special projects. )
- Develops product specifications; double-checks specifications against plans; specifications are prepared for order-entry using an electronic specification program.
- Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes from all project planning meetings.
- Manages changes and revisions; organizes drawing and specification files accordingly.
- Estimates design project time; maintains detailed daily time sheets; manages actual time against project estimates in conjunction with Design Manager. Actively tracks and logs design hours for the life of the project.
- Responsible for recording time against project and managing associated invoices/billings of projects assigned.
- Works closely with IBVI teams, order entry and installation groups, as well as customers, to ensure plans and specifications are accurate.
- Manages existing portfolio of accounts professionally, ensuring customer satisfaction and return business.
- Conducts field and punch-list review with project managers and/or installation group; Reviews project installation onsite & produces as-built drawings.
- Coordinates the phone and data outlets within the systems furniture. Interfaces with electrician, customer's IT group and outside cabling vendors as required.
- Maintains in-office organization along with all staff members creating a healthy workplace environment that fuels employee productivity.
- Supports general customer service and project management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have completed either a two-year or a four-year accredited interior design program.
- Requires two to five years in office design with solid experience designing and specifying a 'grade A' furniture product line.
- Experience should include working with furniture and textile manufacturers, creating innovative design solutions, and converting design concepts to real design solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of building codes, life safety concerns and ADA requirements.
- Exceptional written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an effective team. Willingness to listen and learn from all members of the team.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organization and time management skills, passion for details, and the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be proactive in prioritizing tasks and meeting project objectives.
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated and focused to meet client expectations and deadlines under limited supervision; able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- High level of professionalism in working with customers and industry professionals. Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following: NCIDQ certification or actively pursuing; participation in professional development groups
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel at least 15%-20% of the time
Compensation and Benefits: Vacation time, discretionary bonus, health insurance, dental, FSA, life and disability insurance and a 403B retirement plan with a generous company match.
- Low to moderate noise level in an office work environment
- IBVI is committed to maximizing employment opportunities for the blind and visually impaired. Blind and visually impaired individuals will be given hiring priority. We are required to fill certain positions with legally blind individuals.
IBVI is a leading manufacturer, supplier and distributor of industrial office supplies, office furniture, customized kitting and promotional products. We are looking for amazing people to join our team! Recognized globally as an industry leader in workplace accessibility, we are dedicated to employing a diverse workforce.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job described.
Industries for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Michele Repischak, Recruiter
Online Application: https://ibmke.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900000M&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.XLDbXj6e0CA.mailto