| In Job Marketplace / Manufacturer |
2 PlanSCAPE Designers - Eastern US & Western US|
Monday June 3, 2019
Come join our team! At Virco we are committed to providing the best selection of Equipment for Educators and you can help us.
The PlanSCAPE® Designer is an accredited expert in school design. This position assists in all project planning. Works in conjunction with the Art Director to develop space planning layouts, render environments, and select color pallets.
- Promotes and utilizes the PlanSCAPE design concept for furniture, fixtures and equipment planning in the educational furnishing market.
- Assists the PlanSCAPE Project Specialist, Territory Sales Representatives and Regional Sales Managers in promoting and selling the PlanSCAPE program.
- Provides technical assistance regarding product offerings and sales strategies.
- Assists with tradeshows and special projects, as needed.
- Create drawings in AutoCAD, Revit or other design software (typicals, furniture plans, 3D's)
- Consistent updates to PlanSCAPE Director
- Continuous project updates with sales team
- Adhere to deadlines of key deliverables
- Prepare installation drawings and supporting documents (specs)
- Identify areas that need field verification and coordinate actual dimensions with final plan
- Create sample boards
- Continuing education related to product updates and industry trends
- Create specifications (including key schedules and tagging)
- Revise drawings and specs when required
- Assist with budget pricing
- Programming and needs analysis
- Develop creative solutions based on customer needs
- Space planning to meet the customer's requests using standards, if applicable
- Develop plans that consider ergonomics and ADA
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus at least 5 years of prior experience in commercial or institutional furniture design.
- A candidate with a 4-year college degree in Design is required.
- Professional accreditation preferred, (i.e. IIDA / ASID).
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Prefer someone with extensive depth of knowledge of educational furniture and equipment products and services.
- Must be able to master Revit.
- Must have excellent computer skills, good basic mathematical skills, good analytical abilities as well as the ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task many large projects with a wide cycle time is required.
- Must be willing to travel as needed for training, trade shows and presentations.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds to shoulder level, to push/pull up to 60 pounds, to bend, stoop, and/or climb, and to occasionally use vibrating hand tools weighing up to 10 pounds. Will require the ability to sit at a desk, as needed, up to 50% or more of the work hours. Must be able to adjust to applicable environmental conditions, to include changes in temperature. May occasionally be exposed to chemicals, heat, cold, dust, and/or other operational conditions. Must wear applicable hearing and/or eye protection while in the production/distribution floor environment.
Qualified candidates should apply on-line through the Virco website - www.virco.com (Discover Virco>Careers>Search jobs)
Virco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer