| In Job Marketplace / Manufacturer |
PlanSCAPE Specialist - upper Mid-West |
Tuesday May 28, 2019
Come join our team! At Virco we are committed to providing the best selection of Equipment for Educators and you can help us.
The PlanSCAPE® Specialist is a point contact during the selling and project development process. The PlanSCAPE Specialist will serve as the space plan, design consultant and vendor partner product expert for large scale PlanSCAPE projects. The PlanSCAPE Specialist will work alongside the Territory Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager to develop a positive and successful project plan to meet our customer's expectations.
The PlanSCAPE Specialist will also be an expert in a specific functional aspect of school design (i.e. Library, Arts and Sciences, Administration, etc…). In this role the PlanSCAPE Specialist will work closely with vendor partners to develop the best-selling tools for the field sales force. The PlanSCAPE Specialist will also be the National Sales Groups point of contact on all questions, suggestions and recommendations as it relates to their area of expertise, including review and sign off of projects managed by other team members that include complicated non-Virco products within their area of expertise.
- Promotes and utilizes the PlanSCAPE concept for furniture, fixture and equipment planning in the education furnishing market.
- Works in conjunction with the PlanSCAPE Designer to assist Territory Sales Representatives and Regional Sales Managers in promoting and selling the PlanSCAPE program and conducts training sessions, as needed.
- Provides technical assistance regarding product offerings, strategies, preparing bid specifications, and preparing budget analysis for customers.
- Industry expert as it relates to the market segment they are responsible for. Including attending market specific tradeshows, workshops and professional development organizations.
- Manages assigned vendor partners, along with the Director of PlanSCAPE.
- Meets with manufacturer representatives in order to establish proper rapport and working relationships with receptive manufacturers.
- Assists with tradeshows and manages large construction projects and related FF&E purchases.
- Coordinates projects between sales representatives and the end user.
- Presentation skills to sell, promote and close large scale PlanSCAPE project opportunities and / or conduct sales training opportunities.
- Final sign-off on any project or opportunity that includes product in their area of responsibility. This includes, but not limited to, reviewing layouts and worksheets on projects, bids or RFP's not directly responsible for.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds to shoulder level, to push/pull up to 60 pounds, to bend, stoop, and/or climb, and to occasionally use vibrating hand tools weighing up to 10 pounds. Will require the ability to sit at a desk, as needed, up to 50% or more of the work hours. Must be able to adjust to applicable environmental conditions, to include changes in temperature. May occasionally be exposed to chemicals, heat, cold, dust, and/or other operational conditions. Must wear applicable hearing and/or eye protection while in the production/distribution floor environment.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus at least 5 years of prior experience in commercial or institutional furniture sales.
- A candidate with a 4-year college degree in Design is required.
- Professional accreditation required, (i.e. IIDA / ASID).
- Must be able to master current design software, (i.e. AutoCAD / Revit).
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Prefer someone with extensive depth of knowledge of educational furniture and equipment products and services.
- Must have excellent computer skills, good basic mathematical skills, good analytical abilities as well as the ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-take many large projects with a wide cycle time are required.
- Must be willing to travel as needed for training, trade shows and presentations.
Qualified candidates should apply on-line through the Virco website - www.virco.com (Discover Virco>Careers>Search jobs)
Virco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer