Monday March 11, 2019
Join a family owned business with over 30 years in the industry!
We are OpenSquare. We believe that people with a purpose need a place to be their best. We design insightful spaces with the latest technology; providing our clients an environment that embodies their image and encourages success. We are adding to our team a Warehouse Manager who will have direct oversight pertaining to merchandise inventory, efficient distribution of product and services to both internal and external business partners. You will be in charge of a fast-moving environment and will be looked at to foster a culture of continual improvement and operational efficiencies.
The Warehouse Manager will:
The Qualified Candidates will have:
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory
- Coordinate activities of distribution warehouse with sales, record control and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Provide regular training, instruction and guidance; while maintaining close surveillance over larger, more critical transfers, orders or receipts
- Coordinate and manage internal programs, such as communications, vacation schedules, job analysis and evaluation, employee performance reviews
- Analyze and diagnose machine problems and malfunctions such as forklift, paint booth, refurb equipment and coordinate corrective procedures to prevent excessive downtime and interrupted schedules
- In conjunction with AST Ops Manager, be responsible for the successful execution of all services.
- Satisfy all internal reporting requirements in a timely manner & participate in all required meetings (training, vendor, etc.)
- Respond to all department inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain all company guidelines with respect to costs, loss prevention and efficient labor controls
In this role you will have the opportunity to capitalize on a strong reputation and product line to build out programs to increase efficiencies and fine tune an already well-oiled distribution machine. With a wide range of clientele using our services in a variety of different industries we want someone who can take the point position in a complex and diverse environment in regards to shipping, receiving, inventory control and asset management. We offer a competitive pay structure coupled with a comprehensive benefits plan. If you feel you could be the right person to take on this new challenge please submit your application for consideration.
A proven track record of developing and implementing best practices within a fast paced warehouse or distribution center
- Prior experience in the office furniture industry w/Steelcase or other systems furniture background preferred
Solid communication skills to include verbal, written and presentation
- An ability to read and interpret documents; RFPs, Contract Documents, and Blueprints
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strategic planning and problem solving capabilities
- Possess basic business math skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The Ability to cultivate client relationships and maintain as appropriate
All applications should be sent directly to Stephanie Launius, Talent Acquisition Partner, at: firstname.lastname@example.org