Territory Sales Manager/ New York, NY|
Wednesday February 6, 2019
Looking for a dynamic Territory Sales Manager for New York!
AIS is a leading manufacturer of commercial office furniture and seating. Our growth and success is astounding, and it's all the result of thinking about office furniture differently. We're proof office furniture can have charisma.
We are a company built on ingenuity. We've truly shaken up the office furniture industry with our ability to manufacture high-end systems and seating utilizing award-winning processes and product designs at an attractive price point. We bring charisma to the office furniture market. We believe office furniture can be fun; it doesn't have to be so serious. Very simply, we are a group of people who love what we do and this energy is infectious. It translates into award-winning products and manufacturing, marketing ingenuity, happy clients and overall - success.
Vibrant, Unique, Reliable, Committed, Ingenuity, Excellence, Passionate - That's AIS.
- Increase sales and maintain relationships for existing client base.
- Increase sales by consistently opening new accounts.
- Meet quarterly sales targets.
- Provide effective sales presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service with a sense of urgency, purpose and professionalism.
- Create an efficient territory schedule to ensure regular client visits, and effective prospecting.
- Utilize available sales and marketing tools for presentations, sales calls, and prospecting.
- Periodically conduct product knowledge & retail sales training to client/dealer staff.
- Maintain and report calendar of daily business activities.
- Manage monthly promotional/demonstration budget.
- Implement annual client business plan with ongoing analysis.
- Present and help implement sales, marketing and educational tools to clients.
- Work a minimum of forty hours per week with some overnight travel.
- An Associate's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field, or an equivalent level of experience. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Three to five years of successful experience in a sales or a sales support role.
- Prior project management/planning experience with a proven ability to develop financial acumen.
- Basic knowledge of AIS products, services, and culture with a proven ability to develop a high level of AIS business literacy.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to collaborate.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A professional and assertive work posture while conducting responsibilities.
- A proven ability to work independent of immediate supervision as a self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent AIS in a professional manner.
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team player with a service-oriented/proactive work style.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and demonstrate excellent time management skills. You'll also need the ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously and the flexibility to shift priorities quickly.
- A proven ability to effectively interact with and work at various levels of the organization (e.g., employees, visitors, and vendors) and develop solid working relationships with regional Sales leadership and teams.
- The ability to be results-oriented (i.e., holding yourself accountable for results) while exhibiting a desire to achieve high levels of performance, integrity, business ethics, and confidentiality.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the AIS office environment.
- The availability to work during non-traditional hours in addition to required/normal office hours as designated for the local sales office and the willingness to travel occasionally.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
This is an exciting and challenging position for those who possess the right mix of poise, knowledge, tenacity, and enthusiasm. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit resume.