| In Job Marketplace / Interior Design |
Designer in Austin, TX|
Monday December 3, 2018
Interior Design - Dealer
Come work in Austin, TX!
At Workplace Resource our mission is to create great places to work through the creativity of talented people!
We have an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Designer in our Austin, TX location. This person will collaborate both with our internal Sales department and outside A&D firms to provide space planning options and accurate design solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will possess at least 3-5 years of experience in space planning and furniture specification in a dealership environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Work with Sales to establish the client's design requirements for the project.
- Work with clients and/or A&D firms to translate their needs into a floor plan and develop concepts for alternative solutions.
- Prepare Sales presentation packages; which may include drawings, sketches, renderings, cost estimates, and finish boards.
- Perform field measurements, product inventories, project programming, verifying specifications, and researching ancillary product.
- Develop furniture space plans, fabric/finish palettes, final furniture specifications.
- Provide accurate installation drawings that fit the project requirements.
- Create specifications per client needs using CAP/AutoCAD/CET Designer to include gathering required information from various vendors.
- Ensures that plans are code compliant.
- Creates graphic representation of the design to obtain client sign off.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
- Four-year Interior Design degree or equivalent required.
- Knowledge or expertise in systems furniture required.
- Proficient experience with AutoCAD, 20-20 Cap Designer, 20-20 Worksheet, Microsoft Office and Outlook programs.
- CET Designer experience a plus.
- Herman Miller experience preferred.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Proficient with documenting project information, adhering to drawing standards and organizing electronic files.
- NCIDQ and/or LEED credential a PLUS.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply today to join our dynamic and fun team!