| In Job Marketplace / Manufacturer |
Territory Sales Manager - Central & Northern Ohio|
Thursday May 10, 2018
Come join the team who's committed to providing the best selection of Equipment for Educators!
Desired Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for sales strategy and growth in the respective territory.
- Solicits, maintains and manages all leads for the future sale of products.
- Develops expert knowledge of all Virco products.
- Influences all individuals who make buying and specifying decisions to select and recommend the company’s product for purchase.
- Plans selling activities on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure maximum available selling time with a minimum of expense.
- Travels as required by customer needs, project management and market penetration.
- Recommends product changes and new products for his/her Sales Group’s assigned market.
- Attends as directed by Sales Manager, conventions where the Sales Group’s product is displayed.
- Completes and distributes all forms and documents as directed by company policy and procedure.
- Maintains a continuous study of competitive product lines and his/her Sales Group’s markets in order to improve sales presentations.
- Informs Sales Manager of all significant activities in his/her market concerning bids, RFP’s, projects, new construction leads, competitors, competitive product lines, industry trends, customers, and other events, which may affect the company.
- Works effectively and efficiently with company-provided sales software which includes but is not limited to PlanSCAPE, SFA, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Informs Sales Manager of all competitive price information obtained by him/her.
- Cultivates, preserves, and protects the company’s image and relationship with his/her Sales Group’s customers, all users of the company’s products and the public at large.
- Conforms to all company policies, directives, and procedures.
- Cooperates with all company personnel.
- Responds to all additional requests and directives made by his/her Regional Sales Manager, the Director of Sales,the VP Sales, or other company management to further the company’s objectives.
Must be flexible to perform other duties as assigned and required.
Interested applicants should apply through the Virco website: www.virco.com (About us>careers)
- Must live in Central or Northern Ohio. Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent plus at least 2 years of prior experience in sales.
- A 4-year college degree as well as experience in K-12 educational sales is preferred.
- Must have good communication skills, good analytical abilities, and good mathematical skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in systems and appropriate applications and have knowledge and proficient use of applicable office-related equipment.
- Must have excellent team skills, be flexible, and be able to meet and maintain performance standards.
- Must display the applicable level of “Job-Critical Skills”: communications, judgment/decision making, safety, quality of work, initiative, teamwork, flexibility, leadership, service, motivation, planning/organizing, and job knowledge/skills development.
- Must be able to travel overnight on average of one to four days a week as required, including weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to shoulder level, to push/pull up to 50 lbs., to bend, stoop, and/or climb, and to occasionally use vibrating hand tools weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Will require the ability to sit at a desk, as needed, up to 75% or more of the work hours.
Virco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We encourage minority and female applicants. We participate in E-Verify.