| In Job Marketplace / Interior Design |
Wednesday April 11, 2018
Interior Design - Dealer
Come work in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado!
Workplace Resource is seeking a full-time Designer who will collaborate with the Sales department to recommend design solutions and space planning options, provide value engineering, and evaluate orders and proposals to determine feasibility of producing design. He or she will prepare sales presentation packages, including sketches, renderings, drawings, cost estimates, and sample boards. The Designer will manage projects, plans, and work activities against tight deadlines and departmental priorities while showing the agility to adjust to changes as needed to support the business and achieve company and the customers' goals.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) in Design or Architecture from an accredited college or university or at least six months of experience working in design or architectural drafting, including at least one year of experience working with CAD, AUTOCAD or equivalent programs, CAP Studios, etc. All candidates must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations. Travel up to 40%, including overnight travel, Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
We offer a competitive compensation package including company paid holidays; floating holidays and paid vacation; employer contributed medical, dental, life, and long-term disability; voluntary vision; legal; identity theft; personal accident and other voluntary group plans; and 401(k) and 401(k) Roth retirement plans with employer match.
- Confers with the Sales department to establish the client's design requirements and goal/direction of the project
- Evaluates orders and proposals to determine feasibility of producing design and obtains the necessary information and approvals from various departments to make design decisions
- Prepares sales presentation packages, which may include sketches, renderings, drawings, cost estimates, and sample boards
- Creates design layouts offerings solutions in a timely manner in ways that will fit the customers' needs
- Follows the entire design process, including programming, space planning, client site analysis, determining the specification of product and finishes, and completing installation documents
- Manages projects, plans, and work activities against tight deadlines and departmental priorities while showing the agility to adjust to changes as needed to support the business and achieve company and the customers' goals
- Maintains a specified error ratio on all design projects
- Develops and maintains relationships with the team members and clients
- Contributes to process and product improvements by making suggestions and implementing changes
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed, including pricing ancillary products and assisting Sr. Designers with their projects
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) in Design or Architecture from an accredited college university and minimum six months of experience working in similar position withing office furniture design, architectural drafting, or space planning fields and proficient with AutoCAD and competent at CAP (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience working in a similar position within the office furniture design and space planning fields
- Technical and professional proficiency in applying design principals and processes, able to organize workflow, and knows whom to go to and what resources to use for answers to questions. Able to quote Design time. Anticipates and articulates the impact additional requests make on project schedule and costs
- Able to work proficiently with AutoCAD, or equivalent programs; competent with 20-20 CAP and Microsoft Office and Outlook, has a basic understanding of Z-Axis
- Able to coordinate, plan, organize, or manage multiple responsibilities and a high volume workload effectively with speed and accuracy; expertly allocates time to planning, thinking, and mapping out tasks. .
- Strong attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of doing quality work and adhering to standards to prevent errors
- A 'Can Do' attitude to drive results and get the job done on time and to the customers' satisfaction
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability by being able to change course swiftly and purposefully when the needs of the business change, working irregular and extended hours as needed
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to discover what is important to the customer (internal and external) and respond to it
- Able to present ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Listens well to others and clarifies message to ensure understanding. Keeps manager, co-workers and clients informed of need-to-know items; shares complete and accurate information with others. Starting to be seen as a consultant rather than a specifier.
- Able to build and sustain productive working relationships across a diverse spectrum of people
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of the overall office furniture industry and the company's products and services, especially industry-specific solutions that can adapt to our customers' unique needs
- Demonstrates integrity and trust by acting ethically and gaining the trust and respect of others
- Demonstrates initiative by recognizing opportunities or problems and taking action
- Able to learn from experiences of self and others to solve problems and identify new solutions, sharing knowledge generously
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% to client locations and work sites, which may include overnight travel
SEND RESUMES TO: HR@wrcolo.com
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Vision
- Legal Resources
- Identity Theft Protection
- Personal Accident and Other Voluntary Group Plans
- 401(k) and 401(k) Roth Retirement Plans with Employer Match