Saturday February 10, 2018
Supervisor / Production
It's an exciting time at Palmer Hamilton - be a part of a growing organization!
We are looking for an experienced Shipping Supervisor that will meet or exceed the Company's goals, objectives and expectations while supervising the shipping organization minimizing downtime and increasing efficiencies throughout the plant.
- The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for scheduling, preparing, and maintaining all shipping related documentation to support timely customer deliveries.
The Shipping Supervisor will manage department resources, report monthly key performance indicators (KPI), and have direct control over the department budget.
- Responsible for obtaining competitive freight quotes based on shipment details; minimizing freight cost through efficient logistics scheduling and communicating advanced shipment notifications to applicable customers.
- Track the movement of goods at every stage to ensure they are safely being delivered to applicable customers.
- Coordinate the storage of finished goods (both on-site and off-site) and completing necessary inventory transactions.
- Review and settle claims with all logistics companies.
- Coordinate international shipments (including following current regulations and documentation standards). Understand applicable State and Federal Government regulations to ensure shipment compliance in the United States.
- Update applicable costs and on-time delivery within freight report and update as appropriate shipment status report in manufacturing software.
- Responsible for generating packing list and bill of lading for each shipment.
- Monitor all order types (including open, service, allowance, transit, and warranty.
- Recommend and implement department improvements including: employee efficiency, resource allocation, and cost reductions while minimizing costs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to be successful.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office w/ excellent typing and data entry skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. This includes multi-tasking.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and train a diverse workforce.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and 401k to mention a few.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Shipping Department.
Please send your resume to: HR@palmerhamilton.com