Friday November 17, 2017
Work in Toronto for iconic furniture design company, Herman Miller.
As an A+D Representative, you'll be responsible for driving sales through the A+D community and maximizing the impact A+D has on Herman Miller's success. You will act as a trusted advisor and develop, manage, and create demand within A+D accounts.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Assist in the development and execution of A+D account strategy and communicate the strategy within appropriate geographical areas.
- Collaborate the sales strategies for the business plans of key A+D firms within the region. You will develop a process for measuring performance against the plan and direct the implementation of pilot programs supporting A+D strategies.
- Conduct activities in an intermediate level sales capacity to influence the design specification/selection of Herman Miller product for targeted A+D firms and assigned project opportunities.
- Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller selling process, utilizing the corporate tools and resources provided.
- Develop relationships and create a strategy for individuals within an A+D firm. You will protect mobilizers and develop blockers into mobilizers within the A+D firm.
- Focus appropriate resources from Herman Miller Marketing and Customer Care on the design community.
- Influence the criteria that A+D firms use for the selection of product to be specified, and respond to technical questions concerning product application.
- Maintain Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information so the A+D Sales Director can accurately communicate monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account and product line.
- Manage activities within the assigned expense budget.
- Manage and/or assist with the necessary coordination for design takeoff, product application, and conversion activities within A+D firms.
- Participate as needed in client visits to enhance the customer experience.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Provide/participate in design training on new products for specific project opportunities and target accounts.
- Work with other Sales roles to respond to, support, and proactively secure specifications on opportunities within the A+D firm.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2AYwVwG
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. An equivalent level of experience will also be considered.
- Three or more years of successful contract/capital goods selling experience in the A+D community.
- A thorough knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products and services from the competition.
- A demonstrated willingness to learn selling skills, including account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing). You'll also need the ability to develop and cultivate business opportunities.
- A proven ability to network and build relationships with key A+D influencers.
- The ability to develop strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- An assertive and confident professional positure. You will also need the ability to conduct activities independent of immediate supervision and represent Herman Miller in a professional manner.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization while building long-term relationships with customers and partners and striving to establish relationships at senior decision-making levels within an organization.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening.
- A demonstrated desire to focus on a high level of integrity and business ethics while going to great lengths to resolve any/all customer issues.
- Financial literacy and strong business acumen.
- The ability to travel in support of business objectives.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.