| In Job Marketplace / Dealer |
International Sales Manager|
Tuesday September 5, 2017
Dealer Sales Support
Work in beautiful city of Chicago for design centered company, Herman Miller.
As an International Sales Manager, you'll be responsible for increasing the sales revenue/profitability for U.S./International assigned markets by managing and developing new business activity with U.S./International headquartered accounts. You will conduct activities while based in a U.S. Sales Area and have dual reporting accountability to International Sales Leadership and U.S. Sales Area Leadership.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller selling process, utilizing the corporate tools and resources provided.
- Develop existing account relationships and lead the sales process for international projects within the sales area.
- Develop new multinational leads, projects, accounts, and customers within assigned markets by visiting the majority of the International Regional Sales Offices annually.
- Develop, implement, and maintain account strategies/business plans for assigned markets/accounts and provide forecasts of account potential.
- Develop and maintain A+D relationships with appropriate A+D Representatives based on specific account requirements.
- Guide/influence the Sales area strategy for assigned International accounts to increase sales revenue/profitability.
- Lead and provide consultation to assigned Sales Area Teams and distribution channels on multinational accounts, projects, and required support.
- Maintain Salesforce (CRM) information to facilitate accurate monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account and product line.
- Manage activities within the assigned expense budget.
- Network within Herman Miller Sales/dealer organizations to ensure support for all needed services to assigned accounts.
- Participate in global pricing/contract development with appropriate Herman Miller resources and clients.
- Partner with local Sales Teams on multinational accounts and project activity; provide up-to-date information on International markets, products, services, and distribution capability; and facilitate learning for multinational lead development.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Protect/differentiate the installed base business in the assigned Sales area.
- Represent both the assigned Sales area and international markets on West Michigan client visits when appropriate.
- Resolve operational/other issues for assigned multinational accounts.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2v6PgUY
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent related professional field experience. An International Business degree is preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in non-U.S. based International Sales/Marketing/New Business Development.
- Three or more years of experience in a Herman Miller International Sales Region working with international business activities.
- A global perspective and cross-cultural work/life experiences, and you are a bicultural, bilingual, or foreign national.
- A thorough knowledge of Herman Miller competing global/U.S. products and services and how they may be applied to address issues.
- A developed knowledge of Herman Miller resources and how to access them in achieving/orchestrating combined Herman Miller/customer interactions.
- Advanced selling skills, including qualifying prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing) to uncover, understand, and meet the needs of customers.
- Well-developed organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to collaborate (in actual or virtual situations), negotiate, and work with a wide variety of personalities under different/difficult situations.
- Professional attributes that include an assertive work style, the ability to project self-confidence, high personal performance standards, and the desire to continuously learn. You'll also need the ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner, take initiative to effectively manage your activities to deliver results, and work with/through others to successfully win business.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while demonstrating the ability to work well and implement change under pressure, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and quickly shift work priorities.
- A proven ability to meet with and work at all levels of the organization and build long-term relationships with customers and partners. You'll also need the ability to work/contribute in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening, presenting, and facilitating.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct activities with a high level of integrity, ethical standards, and leadership skills.
- Financial literacy, business acumen, and an understanding of the financial implications of decisions in regard to capital expenditures, cost of ownership models, ROI, leasing, etc.
- Strong expertise in supporting both direct and dealer-held account activity.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A willingness and ability to frequently/easily travel internationally without restrictions.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.