| In Job Marketplace / Dealer |
Friday July 28, 2017
Dealer Sales / Marketing
Do you believe Great Work Deserves Its Place? Then you would be a great fit at McCoy-Rockford!
Apply online at careers.mccoyrockford.com
McCoy-Rockford is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Sales Manager is responsible for their team's sales productivity, and directs their effort in order to have the greatest overall impact on company results in accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization. The Sales Manager is accountable for the profitable achievement of sales objectives associated with the assigned market, segment, and sales team managed.
The Manager manages all aspects of running an efficient sales team, including hiring, supervising, coaching & developing, and motivating the sales team. With the role of coaching their team on a 1:1 basis, the Sales Manager will assist with the building a client base from the ground up, excel at identifying targets, prospecting, and closing business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Oversees the team's performance. This includes adhering to established guiding sales principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all mid-market accounts sales executives; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets, and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Develops sales forecasting tools and reporting and leads forecasting efforts among the team managed, ensuring that accurate forecasts are completed on a timely basis
- Provides leadership to the team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- Positively impacts the performance of individual sales team members by implementing and managing field support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning methodologies, and customer communication tools.
- Develops and actively participates in networks outside of McCoy-Rockford that will provide market intelligence necessary to compete effectively
- Represents the company's products and services to architects, interior designers, and other outside entities to influence specifications and product selection for our common client corporations
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- 5+ years' successful experience in outside sales role calling on a varied client base required
- 3+ years' experience in direct supervision of outside sales employees
- Proven success in training and developing a sales team
- Office furniture dealer experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year college or university strongly preferred
- Experience navigating the education and public sector industries
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of CRM
- Proven ability to motivate people and manage processes
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong presentation, networking, and negotiation skills
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people