| In Job Marketplace / Other / Help Wanted Misc. |
A+D Representative (Job Number: 16500)|
Tuesday March 14, 2017
Work in beautiful North Carolina.
Responsible for driving sales through the A+D community and maximizing the impact A+D has on Herman Miller's success. Is a trusted advisor that develops, manages, and creates demand within A+D accounts.
- Assists in the development and executes A+D account strategy; communicates strategy within appropriate geographical areas.
- Conducts activities in an intermediate level sales capacity to influence the design specification/selection of Herman Miller product for targeted A+D Firms and assigned project opportunities.
- Works with other sales roles, responds to, supports, and proactively secures specifications on opportunities within the A+D Firm.
- Develops relationships and creates a strategy for individuals within an A+D Firm; protects mobilizers and develops blockers into mobilizers within the A+D Firm.
- Manages and/or assists with the necessary coordination to the design takeoff, product application, and conversion activities within A+D Firms.
- Focuses appropriate resources from Herman Miller Marketing and Customer Care on the design community.
- Collaborates the Sales strategies for the business plans of key A+D Firms within the region; develops a process for measuring performance against the plan; directs implementation of pilot programs supporting A+D strategies.
- Influences the criteria that A+D Firms use for the selection of product to be specified; responds to technical questions concerning product application.
- Participates as needed in client visits to enhance the customer experience.
- Provides/participates in design training on new products for specific project opportunities and target accounts.
- Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller selling process, utilizing corporate tools/resources provided.
- Maintains Salesforce (CRM) information so the A+D Sales Director can accurately communicate monthly forecasts of expected sales volume, by account, by product line.
- Manages activities within assigned expense budget.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2mnSQ8M
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field; equivalent level of experience considered.
- Three plus years of successful contract/capital goods selling experience in the A+D community.
- Thorough knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products/services from the competition.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn selling skills, e.g., account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts (closing), as well as the ability to develop/cultivate business opportunities.
- Proven ability to network and build relationships with key A+D influencers.
- Ability to develop strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Exhibits an assertive and confident professional posture; can conduct activities independent of immediate supervision; and represents Herman Miller in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization while building long-term relationships with customers/partners and striving to establish relationships at the senior decision-making levels within an organization.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening.
- Demonstrated desire to focus on a high level of integrity and business ethics while going to great lengths to resolve any/all customer issues.
- Must be financially literate and possess strong business acumen.
- Must be able to travel in support of business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.