| In Job Marketplace / Wholesale |
Contract Sales and Vendor Operations Director|
Friday February 10, 2017
Come work for Design Within Reach Inc!
The Contract Sales and Vendor Operations Director is responsible for removing obstacles and supporting the Contract Sales division and Vendor Operations to ensure success. Specific responsibilities include:
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Act as liaison between headquarters (merchants, marketing, finance, HR), factories, distribution, and the contract sales team.
- Create best practices for the contract sales division and vendor operations. Develop, update, maintain, and communicate out all contract sales and vendor operations policies and procedures.
- Work with Merchants to establish relationships with vendors, negotiate parameters to obtain necessary collateral, samples, digital images, and product information and pricing.
- Coordinate product, systems, and policy training in the field.
- Manage team whom sets up and maintains SKUs for contract sales division; maintain standardized retail pricing by vendor.
- Initiate, develop and execute operational process improvement through partnering with internal departments (merchandise, inventory, IS, marketing)
- Manage the purchasing team to ensure proper workflow of Contract Order Placement and follow through. This includes efficient communication with vendors confirming lead times, pricing and delivery confirmations. This team also must closely monitor defects, damages and ensure proper claims and notifications are submitted.
- Pinpoint, communicate, and hold vendors accountable to standards for pricing, information flow, and delivery of products.
- Assess client and contract sales team input to drive continuous operational improvements.
- Maintain a 24 hour turnaround for inquiries from the contract sales team and prospects.
- Primary contact for managing client and vendor escalations.
- Assist Contract Sales & Marketing Lead in partnering with merchandising and marketing to plan and execute HD, BDNY and industry events.
- Manage Contract Sales & Marketing Lead to work with DWR Marketing Dept. to facilitate strategic marketing initiatives.
- Manage Contract Sales & Marketing Lead to work with e-commerce team to define and continuously improve Contract website and social media
- Review Contract division budgets and actuals for inconsistencies and accuracy.
- Manage Contract Operations and Vendor Operations support teams.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed; some travel required.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities).
- College degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in a fast paced contract sales environment
- Passionate and knowledgeable about design
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; conveys information in a clear and concise manner; asks appropriate probing questions; critical thinker
- Able to identify sales opportunities and qualify sales leads
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-motivated
- Action oriented; enjoys working hard
- Ability to plan and prioritize work; set objectives and goals; determine critical tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Displays leadership skills in working and developing employees
- Team player; cooperative; encourages collaboration
- Attention to detail; outstanding problem-solving/multi-tasking skills; strong follow through skills; resourceful and creative
- Innovative; constantly seeking ways to gain/build relationships and improve processes
- Solid Computer Skills: Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Internet browsers/search engines. Experience with salesforce.com and iPads a plus
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/z9kt4hncvz
Other Jobs of this Type|
Inside Sales Representative
Thursday January 26, 2017
Work from home!
Wednesday January 4, 2017
STUDIO ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Come work for DWR in New York City!
Sales Leader - Fixed Seating
Friday February 17, 2017
Are you ready for a career changing opportunity?
Monday January 9, 2017
Come work for DWR in Cambridge, MA!
Account Executive - Higher Education
Tuesday January 31, 2017
Come work for CORT in Chicago, Illinois!
Account Executive - Higher Education
Wednesday February 8, 2017
Come work for CORT in Orange County/Inland Empire/San Diego!
Account Executive - Higher Education (Northern New Jersey, New York City)
Tuesday February 21, 2017
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971.